Tuesday 10 March 2015

Storytelling

Purpose: create a story to share orally
Description: Oral storytelling is a Maori tradition. We have been planning our own story to tell on the Marae in Week 7.



Big Idea: The way we did our story's were we had to decide first if we wanted to do a explaining story of how something works or a life lesson story. I chose a explaining story. My story is about why the sea is salty.
Success Criteria 
-Between 1 and 2 minutes long
-Using your voice to make sounds effects
-Using your whole body to make actions
-Use your face to tell a story through facial expression
-Knowing the story, knowing the setting
-Get the picture into your listener’s head
-Stay in character - keep your composure.
-Audience participation
-Unique and original (Hook your audience)

Evaluation:
I think I did a great job of describing my story or though I might have over done it since it was a bit long. Next time I could use more actions just Maybye though...:)

1 comment:

  1. Mitch, you spoke very dynamically and described your characters and setting well. Your story was unique and you obviously knew it quite well as you retold it easily. Next time think about speaking a bit slower so your audience is able to easily understand it, as there were parts when I got lost in it.

    ReplyDelete