Wednesday 10 June 2015

Writing Portfolio Sample

Description:  A couple of weeks back we looked at writing. We got a sheet and we wrote down what was in out writing. Then looked at what had the least tally marks and chose our writing teacher. My goal is complex sentences.

We used this video as our motivation.
 
 Big Idea: The red is a complex sentences. A complex sentence is a simple sentence with more detail that can't stand on its own. Eg Jett is a handsome boy. It is a complex sentence because is a handsome boy can't stand on it's own.
Feedback: I liked how you showed time passing in your writing.
Feedfoward: Next time you could add more to your description.
Finis

Evaluation: Ireally like how I manged to add a couple of complex sentences to my story because I didn't think I could add some. Next time I could add some more detail to my charters.

1 comment:

  1. Mitch, you have demonstrated a sound understanding of using complex sentences and the one that resonates with me is your final sentence: "Not wanting to lose him Joseph touched the stone, hoping he would survive" and what a way to finish too, with a bang! Your next goal could be to vary your sentence beginnings to hook the reader.

    ReplyDelete