Friday 21 August 2015

Production Portfolio Sample

Description:Every Friday we get together in our production group and we start to plan and make our costumes. My group that I am in is out of Africa. We chose our groups by going to eache group for about a hour or so and the we picked 1st 2nd and third. I chose as my 1st one elements but the group was full so I got my second chose with was out of Africa. The purpose of this production is ora/Life and upcycling. Upcycling is where you take old things and creat something new out of it. My inprastion came from the wide variety of animals.

This is my mood board.
This is my plan/concept.
I have already made a head piece but it needs painting. It is a replica of horns. I made it out of old cardboard tubes and a ice cream container. Then I taped it down and started to papier mâché it.

This is my head piece. (Unfinished)
This is my unfinished spear.
And this is my circle that I will attach to my smock. (It is my emblem)



Now what? Now I need to wait for it to dry and then I can paint it and also I need to attach a string to my head peace. For my body piece I need to hot glue the circle to my smock and cut my smock. And for my pants I need to cut out some more fabric and hot glue them down. Lastly I need to reprint empty spear heads and gule them on.

This is my finished garment.

1) The materials that I used to create my garment were:

For my head piece I used: A ice-cream container, cardboard tubes, papier-mâché gule, news paper, paper, paint, elastic and a dril

For my smock I used: cardboard, a craft knife, Paint and tin foil.

For my spear I used: A cardboard tube, building paper, hot glue, paint and a plastic cardboard material.

For my pants I used: A pair of old pants, fabric and material scissors.

2) The most challenging thing about production for me was: The fact that my horns/helmet took up 4 weeks I didn't have much time to do much else.

3) One way I demonstrated a growth mindset during production was: Fixing my helmet and not just giving up because it broke, and also I had to cut out a biggggggg sheet fabric and I didn't go, Well this is going to take ages I'm just going to find something else that is easier.

4) Something I am really proud of about production was:Was my helmet because it took agggggggges to make but in the end every single bit of time I spent on it was really worth it.

5) Our school vision is to create agency, creativity and excellence. I showed this by: Because my helmet took so long I didn't start to panic and put everything together really fast, I did every thing slowly and it looked much better.



1 comment:

  1. Mitchell I am really impressed with your perseverance and patience you have shown making your headpiece, you have worked hard to get it completed and looking great. You have made your ideas come to reality and it has been good seeing all your pieces come together to form your finished garment. I am looking forward to seeing it up on stage and I hope you enjoy performing in the production.

    ReplyDelete